This project consisted in the adaptive reuse and rehabilitation of five mercantile buildings (66 Pearl Street, 3-5 Coenties Slip and 4-36 Water Street) erected circa 1829-1858, in the historic Fraunces Tavern block. The building's interiors were modified to create 42 apartment units and 7,200 sf of commercial space. The plans incorporated glazed penthouses, skylights and roof gardens, all hidden from street level.
The restoration required the manufacture of custom bricks to match the originals. The exteriors were restored to their appearance at the end on the nineteenth century, and painted in colors established by analysis. The restoration of the original architectural woodwork was carried out from a special shop set up on the site, where elements such as fan light windows were fabricated.